Agung Kurniawan – Artistic Director of KKF – Goes to Latin AmericaBy kedaikebun • Mar 2nd, 2009 • Category: Agung Activities
Agung Kurniawan, Artistic Director of KKF, becomes one of the grantee of Orientation Trip Grant 2009 to Latin America, from the Prince Claus Fund (PCF) (www.princeclausfund.org) and Mondriaan Foundation (www.mondriaanfoundation.nl), both are based in Netherlands. This initiative was started since 2004 to Lebanon and Egypt, 2005 to China, 2006 to Senegal and South Africa, 2007 to Mexico and Curacao, and 2008 to Bangladesh, India, and Dubai. The purposes of this journey are to extend the international network and to stimulate international dialog between the arts professionals.
For about 14 days, from 1 – 13 March 2009, Agung Kurniawan, together with around 15 people of arts professionals from Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Africa, and Middle East, will visit several selected institutions, such as galleries and museums in Brazil, Argentina, and Peru.
The first country, which is visited, is Brazil in Sao Paulo city for about 4 days. There, he will visit:
• Museum Seni Modern Sau Paulo (www.mam.org.br | email@example.com)
• Itaú Cultural (Institution for promotion and dissemination of Brazilian cultures, www.itaucultural.org.br)
• Museu de Arte (beautiful building designed by Lina Bo Bardi, one of important of old masters, but also modernist Brazilian artists, www.masp.art.br)
• Vermelho Gallery (www.galeriavermelho.com.br | firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Fortes Vilaca Gallery (www.fortesvilaca.com.br | email@example.com)
• Millan Gallery (www.galeriamillan.com.br)
• Museo da Imagem e do Som (Museum of Image and Sound, which goal is to keep and preserve the manifestations in music, cinema, photography, and graphical arts areas; www.mis-sp.org.br)
• Paco das Artes (Palace of Arts, It is a large art gallery where cultural action programs are carried out through exhibitions and publications covering all types of visual arts – fine arts, graphical arts, design and multimedia -, and whose aim is to effectively encourage an analysis about the domestic and international contemporary art. www.pacodasartes.org.br)
• Museu de Arte Contemporanea da Universidade de Sao Paulo (Museum with modern and contemporary arts collections, www.mac.usp.br)
• Instituto Tomie Ohtake (A collection of works of Latin-American artists, www.institutotomieohtake.org.br | firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Cultural Center Sesc Pompeia (Interesting cultural space in a former industrial building, www.sescsp.org.br)
• Pinacoteca do Estado (This museum is a portrait of the Brazilian art from the 19th century to the contemporary age, www.pinacoteca.org.br)
The next destination, Agung will continue to Buenos Aires, Argentina. The places that will be visited are:
• This City Tour provides an in-depth introduction to its history, its architecture, the culture of its people, its anecdotes and secrets. The routes are: Plaza de Mayo, San Telmo (Atletico), Parque de la Memoria, dan Palermo Chico.
• Museum de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires (www.malba.org.ar | email@example.com)
• Museo de Nacional de Bellas Artes (http://mnba.org.ar | firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Fundacion PROA (www.proa.org )
• The next will be discussion with the local curators and artists.
• Museo de Arte Moderno Buenos Aires (MAMBA, http://www.museos.buenosaires.gov.ar/mam.htm | email@example.com )
• Fundacion Start (www.fundacionstart.org.ar | firstname.lastname@example.org)
The last country that will be visited is Peru, at its capital city, Lima. And the places are:
• Museo de Arte de Lima (http://museoarte.perucultural.org.pe)
• Conference at Centro Fundacion Telefonica. And the participating institutions are Centro Fundacion Telefonica (http://centro.fundaciontelefonica.org.pe), Alta Tecnologia Andina (www.alta.org.pe), and Realidad Visual (www.realidadvisual.org)
• E-STAR / ATA Escuelab Building (E-STAR is an independent experimental gallery directed and conceived by Jorge Villacorta, while ATA Escuelab is an experimental artist-in-residence programme for Latin American creators organized by ATA)
• LOT (LOT is a creative interdisciplinary laboratory founded in 1998, experimenting within different artistic fields: performance, theatre, architecture, visual arts and design. www.lotperu.com)
• Mali Contemporaneo
• Centro de la imagen (www.centrodelaimagen.edu.pe)
• Museum of Contemporary Art of Lima (www.mac-lima.org.pe)
• Museo Pedro de Osma (www.museopedrodeosma.org | email@example.com)
• Espacio La Culpable (www.laculpable.org | firstname.lastname@example.org)
• La Galeria 80 metros cuadadros (www.galeria80m2.com)
• Galeria Vertice (www.galeria-vertice.com)
• Fundacion Museo Amano (www.museosenelperu.galeon.com)
Together with Agung Kurniawan, there are several grantees who also receive the Orientation Trip Grant 2009 to Latin America. They are:
1. Bissi Silva (Lagos, Nigeria). A curator and arts Critic, Center for Contemporary Art.
2. Baoju Wang (Beijing, China). Deputy Director at Today Art Museum, Editorial Chief of The Art Today magazine.
3. Kossi Assou (Lome, Togo). Artist, designer, and cultural entrepreneur, Ewole (Rencontres et Residences Internationales d’Arts Visuels). http://ewole.org